Granny Hein House Bed and Breakfast is a one-bedroom guest house with living room, bedroom, full kitchen and dining area, and bathroom. Although fully restored, the guesthouse retains its original old-fashioned floor to ceiling (12 over 12) wood windows. Hardwood floors, oriental rugs, and antique furniture/lighting throughout the guesthouse take you gently back to yesteryear. When you visit Granny Hein House, you will see a picture of GRANNY HEIN in her wedding dress! (This house was built especially for her.)
The 1910 beveled-glass French doors lead to the enclosed porch where the fresh air, sounds of birds and squirrels, along with views of the butterfly/flower garden and its butterflies beckon relaxation. In the evening, add a glass of wine, soft light, and the hot tub and you’ll soon know first hand what “Texas Friendly” really means!
The living room has all the comforts of home. Behind the closed doors of the solid cherry armoire are the cable TV, VCR, and radio for those who wish further entertainment. One can watch a football game while the other naps or shops at the unique shops eight blocks away.
The fully-equipped kitchen is great if you wish to prepare a romantic meal at home—even a grill just outside the door for grilling a sizzling steak!
The serene bedroom of soft colors features a king-sized solid cherry sleigh bed. The comfortable bed is dressed in neutral colors of luxurious European linens and down pillows/seasonal comforter. A highlight is the antique English campaign chest. With lace curtains over wood blinds, and soft antique lights bedside, it is perfect for a honeymoon or wedding anniversary.
- Hot tub on screened porch
- King-size sleigh bed
- 40" HD Television in Parlor
- Free Wireless Internet Service in Cottage
- Luxury European linens 100% fine cotton
- Down pillows/comforter
- Monogrammed cotton robes
- Custom soaps/shampoo/body lotion
- Bath with tiled shower
- Hair dryer/iron/ironing board
- Antiques and old lace
- Hardwood floors/Oriental rugs
- Antique lighting
- Solid cherry armoire
- CD/Radio on porch for soft listening
- Television in bedroom - 20" LCD Flat Screen - Cable
- DVD/ VCR / radio CD Player
- Central Heat & Air
- Fully equipped kitchen/tile counter
- A Continental Plus healthful breakfast of a selection of hot/cold cereals, milk, juice, fruit cups, butter/homemade jam, coffee, tea, filtered water/soft drinks are stocked in the guesthouse for guest's convenience. Freshly-baked breads/rolls/muffins are brought to guests each evening.
- Private Hammock for Two behind each cottage for nightly Texas Star Gazing
- No daily housekeeping. Fresh towels and amenities happily replenished upon request.
- Private BBQ Butane Grill, with all tools provided
- 350+ Video Library. Movies delivered to your cottage
- Seasonal Afternoon Refreshments
- Private Phone
- Approximately 700 sq ft.
- Rooms: Living room, kitchen, dining area, bedroom, bathroom
- Host on site (for helpful directions to shopping, site seeing and restaurants)
- A “Birds Eye View map of the Best of Fredericksburg” is provided to each guest. The map includes restaurants and shopping on and around main street. The Visitor Guide provides additional information.
- Gift certificates available
Pricing & Policies:
$169.00 per night/base rate. All lodging charges subject to additional 13% City/State Lodging Tax.
- 2 person maximum occupancy
- No children under 14 years of age
- No smoking inside cottage (smoking on porch welcomed)
- No bath products in hot tub
- No candles
- No pets
- Two(2) Night Minimum Required for All Bookings
- 14 day cancellation period. If cancellation is made fourteen (14) or fewer days prior to date of arrival, guests will be responsible for full charge of reserved dates. If we are able to rebook the canceled dates, no charge will be incurred for the dates we can rebook within those 14 or fewer days.
- No deposit required, but a credit card is required to hold the reservation. Credit card will be run within 7 days before first reserved date of arrival. Cash and personal check accepted. Personal checks must reach us no later than 10 days before scheduled arrival.
- No refund for early departures